- Take two Advil or Aspirin half an hour before your appointment.
- Consult Mother Nature before booking your first waxing appointment. Schedule an initial waxing appointment several days after menstruation, when you are less sensitive to discomfort.
- Return every 3-5 weeks, we recommend booking appointments in advance.
- Allow 7-10 days of hair growth. If hair is 1/2" to 3/8" long, there is less tweezing and more effective hair removal from the wax.
- Limit caffeine intake on the day of your waxing service. Caffeine stimulates the nervous system which increases sensitivity.
- NEVER wax a new area for the first time right before a big event. You can't always anticipate your skin's reaction and you wouldn't want to spoil an important day.
- DON'T shave in between waxing appointments. This makes the hair more resistant to future waxing appointments.
- DON'T touch freshly waxed skin for 24 hours. Hands carry bacteria which may lead to infection.
- DON'T expose skin to sun or tanning beds for 24 hours.
- DON'T take a hot bath/shower for the first 24 hours. Although, a shower with cool water is okay.